Mountaineering Association "Njivce"
Mountaineering Association "Njivce" was founded in 2013 with its headquarters in Bijela, Brčko District of Bosnia and Herzegovina. It brings together young people from this part of the District, interested in promotion of environmental awareness and preservation of the natural beauty of Mount Majevica.
The Association offers the following facilities:
- Four marked hiking trails, difficult level easy to medium, which are also intended for mountain biking;
- visits to numerous caves and clean mountain springs;
- children's playroom;
- sport fields (volleyball, indoor soccer);
- visit to the Gradaščević Tower, built during the late 18th century;
- visit to the gallery of the Franciscan monastery in Dubrave;
- visit to the archeological site Zidine in Gornja Skakava.
The Association currently offers the possibility of private accommodation. It owns following facilities:
- Mountaineering shelter called "Plava ljepotica";
- Mountain lodge "Casper", currently under construction.
In the vicinity of Mountaineering Association can be found various restaurants serving traditional specialties, as well as the famous Arizona Market and its facilities.
"Platani" Mountaineering Association
"Platani" Mountaineering Association was founded in 2007 with the aim of popularizing mountaineering as a recreational activity for young people who, in addition to educational content regarding nature itself, will be offered challenges to visit the most attractive mountain sites in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the surrounding countries. The Association primarily gravitates towards the northeastern edge of Mount Majevica.
The Association owns a mountain lodge named “Deveti januar”, built in 2015, at an altitude of 96 meters.
In addition to home accommodation services, the Association offers:
- restaurant / kitchen;
- sports fields;
- playgrounds for children;
- hiking trail for climbing;
- Numerous hiking trails around the lodge (circular trail 4.5 km and 14 km long).
Mountaineering Association "Granaš"
The Mountaineering Association Graneš was founded in 2006, with its headquarters in Štrepci. At the very beginning, the Association comprised of 85 regular members. The establishment of the Association was primarily guided by the idea of organizing various, already traditional activities and skills of mountaineering associations, such as: raising awareness and conscience about the need for protection and preservation of nature, both in the local and neighboring areas, inclusion of the young people into the Association of nature admirers, as a precondition for the survival of humanity.
During the tour of the Zovik mountaineering site, the excursionists can be enriched with various benefits, both of physical, cultural and even spiritual quality. They will find themselves surrounded by the clean and natural environment, unexpectedly preserved beauties of landscapes and rarely seen cultural, historical and natural sights and series of mountains and valleys. There are also many suitable spots from which the view spreads to the endless plains Posavina and Slavonia.
The Association offers:
- accommodation with 25 beds, as well as the possibility of sleeping on mattresses in the attic for 20 people;
- arranged space near the lodge for setting up 30 tents;
- large room suitable for various seminars, meetings, lectures with a capacity of 50 seats, terrace of 60 square meters, kitchen, barbecue, grill, toilet;
- arranged space for sports activities and recreation;
- adrenaline park for younger children and youth;
- over 40 km long marked hiking trails.